Vonteera is adware that uses stolen certificates which disables the anti-malware and virus protection, such as from Malwarebytes. It was built from the ground up and they combined their 3 flagship products (Anti-Malware, Anti-Exploit and Anti-Ransomware). Renamed from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes now also working as an anti-virus according to their release statement.
Uses of Malwarebytes
- It is used to detect and removes malware in real-time with advanced anti-malware, anti-spyware, and anti-rootkit technology.
- Automatically you can scan for the newest and most dangerous threats, so you’re protected without having to even think about it.
- Stops unknown and known ransomware with proprietary technology which will work proactively to shield your files.
- This software is powerful, a complete defense which will block ransomware, and not a simple decryption tool.
- You can wrap the browser and software programs in four layers of defense, stopping attacks that use vulnerabilities in those programs to infect your computer.
- You can protected it from downloading malware, hacking attempts, and infected advertising.
- Lightning-fast Hyper Scan mode targets only the errors which are currently active.
- While downloading a video you can scan it in the background. It’s done by the time you’re ready to watch.
- It is used to steal your identity or hack your banking account.
- Stops cryptojacking software that hackers install on your computer to “mine” for cryptocurrency (bitcoin and others) without your knowledge.
Check out : How does Malwarebytes Anti-Malware works